Complex Facilitation Experiential Program
Please Note:- We have deferred this program from 11 February to 8 April 2021 commencement date.
There are a number of exciting possibilities that are percolating, one of which is a complex facilitation wiki which is currently being co-developed with our input. So, we’ve taken the opportunity to consider this and its content before launching our program.
Given the wiki is being hosted by Dave Snowden and will draw on the expertise of international practitioners, we are confident it will inform our offering and provide a firmer base for practitioners who attend.
Complex facilitation processes and methods are disruptive. Expectations and patterns are challenging for facilitators and participants.
Is your area of interest?
• Culture change
• Stakeholder and community engagement,
• Strategic and project planning,
• Problem solving,
• Conflict resolution,
• Crisis planning
• Crisis (emergency) management
Join highly experienced and skilled practitioners to explore the implications and practical application of complex facilitation methodologies.
Using the Cynefin® complexity decision framework as the foundation for understanding the characteristics of different approaches, the course will explore
• The principles of social complexity, adult learning, and process facilitation.
• Appropriate (and inappropriate) roles and behaviours of facilitators using complexity-based tools and methods, and how these differ from traditional facilitation.
• Management of the expectations and experiences of participants when engaging in the social construction of their own meaning.
• Designing and applying the processes and methods – tips and tricks masterclasses
• What to use (and not use) when.
• Extricating yourself – and others – from disasters – recognising their impending arrival, knowing how (and when) to stop, recovering ‘lost’ ground, benefiting from such moments
Participants will be expected to
• Attend a 2.5-hour session every two weeks, for seven weeks, which will be a mixture of theory and practice
• Work together with 2 other participants in between to undertake practical applications
• Meet with one of the Complexability facilitators for an hour with their team for peer coaching
• Assist their team member to ‘catch up’ if there is an unavoidable absence
Participants will receive:
• An experiential introduction to the Cynefin® framework
• 6 additional sessions of 2.5 hours of theory and practice
• 6 hours of team coaching during the program related to course activities
• 4 hours of mentoring for individual activities.
• Resource material
Starting April 8 2021, 3.30 pm – 6.00 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time.
Completion July 1, 2021, 3.30 pm – 6.00 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time.
$A 900 plus GST $90 Total Program $A 990. Discounts: 10% for only one to apply 3 or more from the same organisation (or practitioner with clients) CoP members
Some scholarships may be available. Please apply directly here
This course is available for in house delivery. Please contact….The Complexability Team: Viv, Scott, Laurel, Julie, Elyssebeth, Marcia